Sitting in a stationary desk isn’t natural. Kids require motion. Switching to an adjustable height standing desk for children is a great way to help children focus more and get them more active. Get rid of the boring stationary school desk that we all grew up with.
This high quality steel adjustable sit to stand school desk features safe plastic gray siding and a solid metal frame that is sturdy yet easy to adjust up and down.
View this post on Instagram
We love playing a part in making kids healthier. If you’re a parent or part of a school system, then you know how important movement is to keeping kids’ brains balanced and to enabling them to focus more on tasks at hand. The Kids DeskRiser is available in Blue, Pink, and Gray. It is suitable for home and school (commercial) use. Included is the desk and chair combo for $139.99 at DeskRiser.com. #deskriser #standingdesk #standingkids #heightadjustabledesk #healthykids #schoolhealth
Some relevant points from a recent article on Education Dive:
- A handful of recent studies have identified benefits for student insulin levels, engagement and neurocognitive function after using standing desks or generally sitting less in class.
- Reducing sitting time in class can translate to a 15% drop in insulin levels, and standing desks contribute to higher engagement among 12% of students as well as an increase in neurocognitive function from 7% to 14% after continued use for 27 weeks, according to a new infographic from EdTech: Focus on K-12.
- Learning rates for 16% of students have been found to be affected by school design, and one-third of administrators now support individualized education plans for all students to improve college and career readiness.
- Overall Dimensions: 26.5″W x 21″D x 21″ to 27″H
- Bucket storage bin: 21″W x 4.5″H
- Distance between legs: 19.5″
- 2 Pencil holders: 7″W x 1.5″D
- Overall dimensions: 14″W x 18.5″D x 24″ to 29″H
- Seat Height: 12.25″ to 17.25″H
- Depth of seat: 13.75″ from front of chair to backrest
- Backrest width: 13″